Rare Photos Of Indians That Will Take You Back In Time
1. This image of Tagore and Einstein brings geniuses from worlds apart together
2.Indira Gandhi with Benazir Bhutto and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto (her father).
3.Tagore is greeted by Helen Keller.
4.The last surviving picture of Bhagat Singh while he was jailed.
5.The Beatles during their time at Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram at Rishikesh in India
6.The uniform of the Indian Army soldiers in 1850.
7.Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar with the trophy after winning the 1983 Cricket World Cup. Wonder what Gavaskar is checking for inside the cup!
8. Mahatma Gandhi during his time in South Africa in 1900.
9. Lord Mountbatten salutes the Indian National Flag.
10. The first Indian lady pilot, Sarla Thakral, at 21 years of age.
11. APJ Abdul Kalam with his college friends.
12. Anna Hazare during his days in the Indian Army.
13.A rare photoshoot of Madhubala for the LIFE magazine
14.A rare picture of President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad
15.A 1980s Picture of The Bandit Queen- Phoolan Devi
16.Naval Tata, Ratan Tata and Noel Tata
17.A very rare photograph of Nathuram Godse, who shot Mahatma Gandhi
18.The dead body of Chandra Shekhar Azad
19.1930 poster for declaring the death sentence judgement of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru and their companions
20.Two Indian men being hanged by the British during the First Freedom Struggle of India in 1857
21. Vivekananda in America with Narsimhacharya (standing) alongside himself at the desk
22.Young A. R. Rehman with Yesudas in a studio
23.Rabindranath Tagore, Dr S. Radhakrishnan and Sir Maurice Gwyer at Sinha Sadan after the Oxford University Convocation on 7th of August 1940
24.A rare photograph of Pranab Mukherjee
25. Subhash Chandra Bose with parents
26.Indira Gandhi, Charlie Chaplin And Jawaharlal Nehru in Bürgenstock, Switzerland, 1953
27.The last successful arrest of Subhash Chandra Bose by the Britishers
28. Sir C. V. Raman explaining the Raman’s Effect
29. In 1948 at the University of Madras, a student has tied his hair to a nail to keep from falling asleep while studying
30.A rare photo of Subhash Chandra Bose meeting with Hitler
31.Aerial view of Maidan, Kolkata in 1870
32.A library with books being divided into India and Pakistan during Partition in 1947
33.Howrah Bridge under construction, 1930
34.A railway engine on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway line in the 1880s
35.Iconic Photo Of Muhammed Ali And Mohammed Rafi.
36. Pre-partition signs in Peshawar, 1940
37.The last picture of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, 1945
38.A newspaper report of India’s Independence, 1947
39. A young French boy greeting the Indian soldiers who had just arrived in Marseilles to fight alongside French and British forces in World War I, September 30, 1914
40.Earliest known photograph of the Taj Mahal taken by Dr John Murray of the East India Company in the 1850s